HOW DOES SHARE-IT WORK?
- Share-IT accepts donations from individuals in its office/warehouse, conducts donation events in the community, and arranges pick-ups from corporations and municipalities. Share-IT is an approved collector of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- The program conducts a thorough assessment of the items that are donated – everything that can be used is recovered and whatever cannot is recycled in a socially and environmentally responsible manner through Ministry of Environment’s Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) program and its approved affiliates. No electronic material is diverted to the landfill
- Systems collected are refurbished by qualified technicians and prepared for distribution to clients
- Clients receive a full basic system loaded with licensed software (operating system and other applications)
- Share-IT collaborates with municipalities, community agencies to identify clients. Most clients are referred to the program based on their financial and social situation
In this digital age, the security of information is paramount. Share-IT protects the privacy and security of all donated equipment and ensures the data is never compromised.
Share-IT is a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher. Our data destruction methods comply with the US Department of Defense 5220.22M erasure standard to sanitize donated hard drives. This involves overwriting every bit of data on the drive with at least 3 passes. Share-IT provides data destruction certificates upon request.