MUNICIPALITIES, COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS/NGOS
Share-IT offers many ways for municipalities, community organizations and NGOs to get involved and benefit from its services. The program currently runs in the Region of Peel and County of Dufferin. As a municipality or community organisation, you may:
- Host e-waste collection events in your local neighborhoods and promote responsible disposal and diversion of electronics from landfills
- Partner with Share-IT to meet your waste diversion goals. Share-IT provides comprehensive reports on e-waste diverted from landfills
- Contribute to Share-IT by referring individuals in need of refurbished computer systems. Share-IT customizes systems for all clients, including people with special needs
- Access valuable digital literacy training or technician skill building for clients through the Share-IT services
If the e-waste issue inspires you or aligns with your organization’s mandate, you may host an e-waste collection event for your company and promote responsible disposal and diversion of electronics from landfills.
Share-IT can help businesses and corporations improve their corporate social responsibility profile. The program recognizes your contributions, and issues donation certificates, on an annual basis. It also provides reports that detail your company’s environmental and social impact.
As a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher, Share-IT protects the privacy and security of all your donated equipment and ensures your data is never compromised.
As citizens of tomorrow, learn how you can reverse the harmful effects of e-waste on your life and the planet. With the help of Share-IT, students can explore and learn more on the scientific and socio-political aspects of this very contentious issue. The program also provides insight into our social, economic and environmental responsibilities and how they interconnect.
- Share-IT offers interactive and engaging workshops to inform and involve Canadian youth in solving the global issues surrounding e-waste
- Get inspired. Share-IT invites young individuals to volunteer their time and talents to create a brighter future for all
Want to inspire your faith community to promote responsible disposal of electronics while helping Canadian families in need of refurbished computer systems? Here’s what you can do -
- Host an e-waste collection event in your community with Share-IT
- Share-IT hosts interactive workshops to inform and involve your community to solve the global issues surrounding e-waste
Share-IT would not have been possible without the support of its volunteers who have enabled it to serve many Canadian families since 2001.
- If the e-waste issue inspires you, donate your surplus electronics like computers and cell phones to Share-IT and promote responsible disposal and diversion of electronics from landfills
- Share-IT also invites you to volunteer your time and talents and be a part of the solution